Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Buzzin' about Food Buzz!

So, I am headed off to San Francisco this weekend for the second annual Food Buzz blogger conference. I was asked to go as a representative from my PR firm, and it's just coincidental that I recently started this food-oriented blog (ah, fate, how I love thee!)

So I'm going to San Francisco (...be sure to wear a flower in your hair! I've been singing that all week!) tomorrow to meet other food bloggers, make some new friends, develop some (hopefully!) mutually beneficial business partnerships and eat and drink all I possibly can. Seriously, I went shopping today to find as many loose-fitting, stretchy-yet-fashionable clothes as possible. If you're going to Food Buzz, I'll be the girl in leggings and loose tops EVERY.SINGLE.DAY :)

I'm really looking forward to chatting with other food bloggers - both those that are new to the space, like me, and those who have been in it for years. I think there's so much to learn, both professionally and personally, and everyone I've "spoken" to thus far via Twitter seem like the most open, nice, welcoming people ever. I'm giddy just thinking about it!

BONUS: Just found out my dear friend/former colleague/bridesmaid/newly engaged friend will be there for her client, so this just got even more exciting. We'll get a chance to catch up, hang out, discuss food, eat and drink together, eat some more, catch up some more, discuss her upcoming wedding, and probably have a few more items to eat and drink.

So, it's late here, and I've got an early morning of logistics - musical car trade-off with the doc, bringing the dog to camp, finishing packing (I'm sure just to repack a few times), conference calls for work before the airport, then hopping on a short flight to the fest!

I'll try to post at some point from the fest during the weekend, but I make no promises. But you're sure to get a good recap with lots of photos early next week.

Cheers!
Maureen

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to meet you there! Nothing wrong with big shirts and leggings :) We are going to be so stuffed!

    ReplyDelete