Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Foodbuzz Coma/Hangover

I. Am. So. Full....seriously, so full. It's three days after I got back from my FABULOUS trip to San Francisco for the Foodbuzz blogger conference and I'm still full.

I plan on posting a great recap, complete with photos of the event and my side-trip to sightsee some of the attractions, but I just can't yet. I'm too full.

A quick recap - I arrived, ate lunch, worked a bit, had a cocktail, ate dinner (too many courses to count with too many wines to remember), had dessert, had a night cap that somehow turned into night capS and went to bed. Got up, eat, rinse, repeat. FOR THREE DAYS.

My saving grace was the fact that I packed only stretchy and loose clothing, otherwise, I would have had a seriously uncomfortable and, likely, unattractive trip.

I had a fabulous time though and would like to go back immediately. Instead, I've been fighting the urge to never eat again, and motivating myself to continue cooking (hey, a guy's gotta eat, right? Can't have him starving!)

So, I turned to what has become one of my default meals - Simple Stir-Fry. Seriously, you can make stir-fry with just about anything (or practically nothing!)

What you need:
- Rice (I like brown rice as "it's better for you" so I'm told)
- Veggies
  • This time I went with what I had in the house: onions, garlic (two ingredients you'll find in pretty much everything I make), green and red peppers, water chestnuts, asparagus, peas and corn
- Spices (cumin and cayenne to give it a nice kick) plus salt and pepper
- Chicken (if you want. I went vegetarian this time because, did I mention? I'M FULL!)

Boil the rice while you stir-fry the veggies (do the chicken first and set it aside if you're using meat so it can cool and not get overcooked while you do the veggies) in a bit of olive oil, sprinkling the spices over the top to coat.

Plate rice, top with veggies/meat and voila! Simple Stir-Fry. Not too terribly filling and kind of makes you feel like you're eating healthy. Plus, there's usually leftovers, which makes a fab lunch the next day.

We're headed off to St. Louis this weekend for a wedding, and to see the hub's family, which means more eating :) Good think I like my food! (and good thing I planned to wear a stretchy dress!)

More to come when we return.
Cheers!
Maureen

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for your recap! Glad I'm not the only one who's full. I was afraid that I had stretched my stomach all weekend and would have difficulty *not* continuing to eat everything in sight. Not the case. I'm still stuffed. Miserably stuffed!

    ReplyDelete