Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cheers to You! (and a great party dip)

Hello all,

First off, I have to say THANK YOU to everyone - family, friends, colleagues and others - who have all expressed your interest in this blog. It's so nice to hear your thoughts on what I'm writing and, frankly, it's good to know someone or sometwo are reading this!



Secondly, a few of you have asked me how you "follow" this blog. The easiest, and best, way to do this is to click the "Follow" button on the right-hand side of the blog. If you have a Google or Yahoo address, or a Twitter account, you can use that log-in info to become an official follower, and receive a notification when I post something new. If you don't have any of those log-ins, you can create a new one, through Google, though by no means do I want you to do that just for this blog. If you don't want to/can't follow the blog, you can still comment on a specific post by clicking in the "comment" box below each post and sharing your thoughts. You can also email me at cookingncocktails@gmail.com. I would love to hear your comments, thoughts, questions, suggestions for recipes or other food blogs, etc.

I'm sorry I've been quiet the past few days, especially in light of the great feedback you all have been giving me!, but I was out of town, visiting my family back home and spending a few days back in the office with my colleagues. The trip was wonderful and I learned a fabulous recipe from my mom that would be great for any party. And, with all the holidays/celebration gatherings sure to take place over the next few months, I think you'll all really like it.

Bacon-Tomato Party Dip
- Equal parts mayonnaise and sour cream (bonus - you can make as much or as little as you need, based on the size of the group you want to serve!)
- Cooked, chopped bacon
- Quartered cherry tomatoes
- Dill (for flavoring)
- Crackers or veggies of your choice to serve with the dip (I'd also recommend a spoon, to eat the dip straight from the bowl. It's that good!)

Combine equal parts mayo and sour cream, mix in tomatoes and dill and let sit overnight. Stir in chopped bacon and serve with your choice of crackers and/or veggies.

Seriously, it's that easy and even more delicious. Now that I'm back home, I'm planning a few meals this week so I'll be posting more thoughts, ideas and recipes in the coming days. Enjoy!

Cheers!
Maureen

2 comments:

  1. What meal does 4 loco go with mo?
    James

    ReplyDelete
  2. James, I would like you to know that I had to look up what 4 Loco was (and it sounds disgusting) :)

    But given the cocktail, I'd recommend foods that will complement the refine flavor - think along the lines of Doritos, beef jerky and anything you can get at 4 a.m. from Taco Bell.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete