Monday, December 6, 2010

As Visions of Turkeys Danced In My Head

I am in the holiday spirit. I fought it, I really did. But as soon as Thanksgiving came and went, on came the Christmas music, out came the decorations and up went the lights. And thus, Christmas season has begun in the Henry household. And, as I started thinking toward the Christmas holiday, I realized that I still hadn't shared how our Thanksgiving went.
It went GREAT! We had a ten-person potluck OUTSIDE on our apartment community patio, complete with food, drinks, three kinds of pie, football and hot tubbing to end it all.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so rather than type all of it out, I'll share some photos with brief descriptions to share our Thanksgiving with you.

The delicious key lime pie I made - and subsequently enjoyed almost all the leftovers of the few days following Thanksgiving...

My nemesis, Jerry (yes, I named my turkey. It made it easier to violate it as I stuffed my hand where no hand should go...) before he popped into the oven. I rubbed him with veggie oil and seasoned him with salt, pepper, poultry seasoning blend, green onions (inside) and lemon chunks (again, inside).


Jerry, looking all tasty, post-roasting.

My guy, concentrating VERY hard while carving Jerry :)

The spread, complete with turkey, stuffing, gravy, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, bacon-wrapped water chestnuts, cranberry-goat cheese brushetta, sour cream and chive mashed potatoes, turkey, and our three kinds of pie (I'm full just thinking about it again!)

Some of the crew, some resting after eating, some still digging in :)

Our pup, Elvis, getting his first (and only!) taste of turkey.

It truly was a wonderful way to celebrate the holiday with all our friends who also couldn't go home to be with their families. We made our own family that night and it is a Thanksgiving that I will always remember. Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well, and hope you're all looking forward to Christmas as much as I am.

Cheers!

Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment